During September and October ONLY….A fun activity for any age group! Perfect for Mother’s groups, Pre-K groups and Scout programs.
If you like arts and crafts and would like to meet our rare farm animals, you will love the Autumn Craft Adventure!
During this 60-minute visit you will have the pleasure of befriending rare farm animals while following a trail of clues. During the journey, each clue that you discover will guide you to the parts that you will need, in order to complete the craft, at the end of the adventure.
Once you have gathered all of the pieces, you will retreat to the ‘coop’ where you will find whatever additional tools may be needed to assemble the craft. Our staff will instruct and guide the children but, depending on the age of the participants, additional assistance from the teachers/group leaders may be required during the crafting process. Each person in the group will leave with a completed autumn-themed craft. The complexity of the project is tailored for each group, keeping in mind the age and ability of the participants.
For even more fun, you can extend your stay another 20 minutes and bring along a drink and a snack for your group to have after they complete their project! Once you’re through using the picnic area, be sure to add the Harvest Apple Grab for a perfect way to end the day!
- Autumn Craft Adventure is offered Monday through Friday, September 1st through October 31st. Depending on availability, we also may have some availability on the weekend.
- All visits must be scheduled and will last approximately 60 minutes (without picnic).
- If the picnic area is not used,the cost is $6.00 per child and adults $4.50 per person or a minimum of $85.00. However, if you choose to use the picnic area, the cost is $7.50 per child and adults $5.50 per person or a minimum of $100.00. Additional time is added to the visit to accommodate this option.
- One FREE chaperone may attend for every 12 students in the Autumn Craft Adventure group.
- A $75 non-refundable deposit due upon booking to guarantee tour date, balance due on day of tour. (In case of cancellation due to inclement weather, and the visit is not rescheduled, the deposit will be returned).
- There is a $35.00 service fee for any returned checks.
- It is very important to ARRIVE ON TIME! Depending on other scheduled bookings for the day, your tardiness could cut into the time allocated for your tour.
- It is suggested that groups should have at least one chaperone per eight children.
- Dates and times are subject to weather and availability.
- Outhouse (port-a-potty) facilities are available on site.
- Snack/picnic area.
- Tours are held light drizzle or shine. If there are heavy downpours on the day of the tour, you will be given the option of rescheduling.
- You can visit our on-site Country Store at the end of the tour.
It is important to remember that the majority of animals that live on Dalby Farm are endangered breeds. Treating them with respect and consideration is very important. Feeding the animals is strictly prohibited.